Chromium Picolinate #60
Accurate retail: $12.20
Thorne.com retail: $14.35
An essential mineral for metabolism of sugar and other carbs*
- Supports already normal blood sugar levels*
- Helps decrease carbohydrate cravings*
- An effective component of weight management regimens
One Capsule Contains:
Chromium (as Chromium Picolinate) 500 mcg.
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Leucine, Silicon Dioxide.
Chromium in the form of picolinate has been widely studied for support of blood sugar metabolism.* Decreases in carbohydrate cravings have also been noted. Other studies have shown chromium picolinate can increase lean-body mass in obese patients and enhance the effect of other weight management strategies.*
Picolinic acid is a natural mineral chelator produced in the body. It is produced from the amino acid tryptophan in the liver and kidneys and is transported to the pancreas. During digestion, it is secreted from the pancreas into the small intestine, where it binds to minerals to facilitate their absorption.*
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Chromium Picolinate – Overview
CoQ10 – Ubiquinone vs Ubiquinol
CoQ10 – Dosing and Safety
- Risk assessment for coenzyme Q10 (Ubiquinone). – PubMed – NCBI
- Safety assessment of coenzyme Q10 (Kaneka Q10) in healthy subjects: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. – PubMed – NCBI
CoQ10 – Measurement of CoQ10 Levels
CoQ10 – Cardiovascular
- Co-enzyme Q10 supplementation for the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease. – PubMed – NCBI
- Coenzyme Q10 supplementation reduces oxidative stress and increases antioxidant enzyme activity in patients with coronary artery disease. – PubMed – NCBI
- Effects of coenzyme Q10 supplementation on inflammatory markers (high-sensitivity C-reactive protein, interleukin-6, and homocysteine) in patients … – PubMed – NCBI
- Supplemental ubiquinol in patients with advanced congestive heart failure. – PubMed – NCBI
- The Relationship between Coenzyme Q10, Oxidative Stress, and Antioxidant Enzymes Activities and Coronary Artery Disease
CoQ10 – Central Sensitivity, Oxidative Stress and Pain
- A newly identified role for superoxide in inflammatory pain. 2004
- Roles of Reactive Oxygen and Nitrogen Species in Pain – 2011
CoQ10 – Depression
- Lower plasma Coenzyme Q10 in depression – a marker for treatment resistance and chronic fatigue in depression and a risk factor to cardiovascular disorder in that illness
CoQ10 – Fatigue & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Coenzyme Q10 deficiency in myalgic encephalomyelitis:chronic fatigue syndrome (ME:CFS) is related to fatigue, autonomic and neurocognitive symptoms… – PubMed – NCBI
- Does Oral Coenzyme Q10 Plus NADH Supplementation Improve Fatigue and Biochemical Parameters in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?
- The role of mitochondrial dysfunctions due to oxidative and nitrosative stress in the chronic pain or chronic fatigue syndromes and fibromyalgia patients – 2013
CoQ10 – CAM, Fibromyalgia
- Benefits of Coenzyme Q10 | Fibromyalgia Natural Relief
- Can coenzyme q10 improve clinical and molecular parameters in fibro… – PubMed – 2013
- Coenzyme Q10 Regulates Serotonin Levels and Depressive Symptoms in Fibromyalgia Patients – 2013
- Effect of coenzyme Q10 evaluated by 1990 and 2010 ACR Diagnostic Criteria for Fibromyalgia and SCL-90-R – 2013
- Fibromyalgia: unknown pathogenesis and a “chicken or the egg” causa… – PubMed – 2012
- NLRP3 inflammasome is activated in fibromyalgia: the effect of coen… – PubMed – 2014
- Oral coenzyme Q10 supplementation improves clinical symptoms and re… – PubMed – 2012
- Oxidative stress and mitochondrial dysfunction in fibromyalgia. – PubMed – 2010
CoQ10 -Headaches (Migraine)
- A randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled, crossover, add-on study of CoEnzyme Q10 in the prevention of pediatric and adolescent migraine. – PubMed – NCBI
- Coenzyme Q10 deficiency and response to supplementation in pediatric and adolescent migraine. – PubMed – NCBI
- Improvement of migraine symptoms with a proprietary supplement containing riboflavin, magnesium and Q10 – Dolovent – 2015
- Open label trial of coenzyme Q10 as a migraine preventive. – PubMed – NCBI
- Oxidative Stress Correlates with Headache Symptoms in Fibromyalgia – Coenzyme Q10 Effect on Clinical Improvement
CoQ10 – High Blood Pressure
CoQ10 – Obesity
- Evaluation of antioxidant systems (coenzyme Q10 and total antioxidant capacity) in morbid obesity before and after biliopancreatic diversion
CoQ10 – Peripheral Neuropathy
- Diabetic neuropathic pain development in type 2 diabetic mouse model and the prophylactic and therapeutic effects of coenzyme Q10
- The effect of ubiquinone in diabetic polyneuropathy: a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled study. – PubMed – NCBI
CoQ10 – Statins
- Coenzyme Q(10) and statin myalgia: what is the evidence? – PubMed – NCBI
- Coenzyme Q10 Supplementation for the Treatment of Statin Induced
- Effect of coenzyme q10 on myopathic symptoms in patients treated with statins. – PubMed – NCBI
- Effects of coenzyme Q10 supplementation (300 mg:day) on antioxidation and anti-inflammation in coronary artery disease patients during statins therapy
- Effects of ubiquinone (coenzyme Q10) on myopathy in statin users. – PubMed – NCBI
- Pharmacogenetics of Statin-Induced Myopathy – A Focused Review of the Clinical Translation of Pharmacokinetic Genetic Variants
Emphasis on Education
Accurate Clinic promotes patient education as the foundation of it’s medical care. In Dr. Ehlenberger’s integrative approach to patient care, including conventional and complementary and alternative medical (CAM) treatments, he may encourage or provide advice about the use of supplements. However, the specifics of choice of supplement, dosing and duration of treatment should be individualized through discussion with Dr. Ehlenberger. The following information and reference articles are presented to provide the reader with some of the latest research to facilitate evidence-based, informed decisions regarding the use of conventional as well as CAM treatments.
For medical-legal reasons, access to these links is limited to patients enrolled in an Accurate Clinic medical program.
Should you wish more information regarding any of the subjects listed – or not listed – here, please contact Dr. Ehlenberger. He has literally thousands of published articles to share on hundreds of topics associated with pain management, weight loss, nutrition, addiction recovery and emergency medicine. It would take years for you to read them, as it did him.
For more information, please contact Accurate Clinic.
Supplements recommended by Dr. Ehlenberger may be purchased commercially online or at Accurate Clinic.
Please read about our statement regarding the sale of products recommended by Dr. Ehlenberger.
Accurate Supplement Prices